To allow qualified senior citizens to perform community service for the town of West Bridgewater in order to receive an abatement on the property tax for the home in which they reside.
To enhance municipal service by utilizing the skills of senior citizens in various departments throughout the town.
* Be 60 years of age or older as of the start of the fiscal year for which the abatement is being requested.
* Possess and identify employment skills.
* Be the owner of record (or spouse of the owner of record) and a permanent resident at the property for which the abatement is being requested for at least one year prior to the start of the fiscal year for which the abatement is being requested.
* Present a copy of the most recent property tax bill at time of application.
* Be the only resident of a property participating in the program in a given year.
* Must not be employed by the Town of West Bridgewater.
* Take part only if they did not participate in the previous year unless there is an insufficient pool of qualified applicants to fill the positions available.
Call 508-894-1262 and speak with Stacy or Francine for information on Position Availability, Conditions of Participation, Compensation, etc.