|Contact:||Anne G. Iannitelli
Sharon L. Ledin
Assistant Town Clerk
Town Clerk's Office
65 N. Main Street
West Bridgewater, MA 02379
|Phone:||(508) 894-1200 Opt. #0
Direct line (508) 894-1167
|Hours:||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday - 8:00am - 4:00pm
Wednesday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 1:00 p.m.
DUE TO COVID 19
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE WE WILL ONLY BE DOING MARRIAGE INTENTIONS
IF AT LEAST ONE OF THE APPLICANTS
IS A RESIDENT OF WEST BRIDGEWATER!
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY!
PLEASE CALL 508-894-1167
Please return your 2021 Census as soon as possible. If you need another copy please call the town clerk's office at 508-894-1167 or print off a blank form here.
2021 Blank Census Form
* Maintaining the zoning by-laws, town by-laws, conservation by-laws, and Planning Board rules and regulations
* Hunting and fishing licenses are ONLY available on-line beginning in 2012 at Masswildlife.org or click on the Mass Fishing and Wildlife link above.
* Processing plumbing, gas and electrical permits
Click here for information about getting a Sticker while the Town Hall is closed to Public
YOU MAY ALSO PURCHASE YOUR STICKER BY MAIL. SEND A COPY OF YOUR REGISTRATION , A STAMPED SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPE AND A CHECK FOR $85 FOR EACH STICKER MADE OUT TO THE TOWN OF WEST BRIDGEWATER.
Birth, marriage and death certificates are available from this office. Certified copies of the documents filed in this office are available for $10.00 per copy. Details such as the name of the individual and date of the birth, death or marriage are necessary in order to provide a record of the event. Certain records may be "restricted". Restricted records have limited access to the following individuals only - "those listed on the record". Only with a valid, unexpired, driver's license or state ID will a record be issued. Individuals having custody of the child through a court order must produce the court order with the court seal (no photocopies) to be left on file in the clerks office. No attorney privilege letter of request to secure the record will be accepted; without a court order, which will remain on file in the Town Clerk's Office.
*PUBLIC RECORD REQUESTS
On June 3, 2016, Governor Baker signed An Act of Improve Public Records in to law which took effect on January 1, 2017.
The Town Clerk is the Record Access Officer for the Town of West Bridgewater. To make a public records request you can fill out the Public Records Request Form and either mail it, drop it off or email it to the Town Clerk at email@example.com
- Updated Public Records Law: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/pre/prenotice.htm
- A Guide to Massachusetts Public Records Law: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/pre/prepdf/guide.pdf
- Making a Request for Public Records: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/pre/prereq/reqidx.htm
- Appeal a Denial of Access to Public Records: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/pre/preapp/appidx.htm
- Electronic Records management Guidelines: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/arc/arcpdf/Electronic_Records_Guidelines.pdf
- Public Record Appeal Status: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/AppealsWeb/AppealsStatus.aspx
- Public Records Access, 950 CMR 32: http://www.mass.gov/courts/docs/lawlib/900-999cmr/950cmr32.pdf
- The League of Women Voters of Massachusetts (LWVMA) has launched a unique and comprehensive online voters’ guide for the November 6 Massachusetts elections. www.InformedVoterMA.org.
* Smoke alarm inspection certificates are now being done at the Fire Department.
* Voter Registration Click on Voter information and Forms (left) to print off forms for registering to vote, party changes, absentee ballot etc.
* Notary Public
* Commissioners to Qualify Public Officers
* The Town Clerk is responsible for the publishing of all town statistics, vital statistics, elected officers, appointed officials, town report minutes, election results, and Town Meeting minutes in the Town Report.
* The Town Clerk and Assistant Town Clerk have been designated Burial Agents by the West Bridgewater Board of Health. If a death occurs in West Bridgewater, the agent before interment or cremation, must issue a burial permit.