|Contact:||Anne G. Iannitelli
Sharon L. Ledin
Assistant Town Clerk
Town Clerk's Office
65 N. Main Street
West Bridgewater, MA 02379
|Phone:||(508) 894-1200 Opt. #0
Direct line (508) 894-1167
|Hours:||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday - 8:00am - 4:00pm
Wednesday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 1:00 p.m.
Please return your 2020 Census as soon as possible. If you need another copy please call the town clerk's office at 508-894-1167 or print off a blank form here. 2020 Blank Census Form
Due to the increasing concern surrounding the Coronavirus, as well as the limitations set on social gatherings, the Annual Town Election has been postponed to Saturday, June 27, 2020. Early Voting by mail is also available for this election please click below for Application. The deadline to apply for Early Voting by mail is 12 noon the day before the election. All ballots must be returned by close of the polls on election day. THERE WILL BE NO EARLY VOTING IN PERSON! The Polls will be open on 6/27/2020 from 9am to 7pm if you want to vote on election day. Please wear a mask!
Early Voting Application
OPTIONS FOR DROPPING OFF STATE CANDIDATES NOMINATION PAPERS CLICK HERE!
* Maintaining the zoning by-laws, town by-laws, conservation by-laws, and Planning Board rules and regulations
* Hunting and fishing licenses are ONLY available on-line beginning in 2012 at Masswildlife.org or click on the Mass Fishing and Wildlife link above.
* Processing plumbing, gas and electrical permits
YOU MAY ALSO PURCHASE YOUR STICKER BY MAIL. SEND A COPY OF YOUR REGISTRATION , A STAMPED SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPE AND A CHECK FOR $85 FOR EACH STICKER MADE OUT TO THE TOWN OF WEST BRIDGEWATER.
2020 Rabies Clinic
The West Bridgewater Rabies Clinic has been postponed until a later date.
After speaking with the State regarding Rabies Vaccines that are about to expire,
it has been suggested that you contact your veterinarian as the criteria does not change.
We are hopeful to hold our Rabies Clinic later this Summer or Early Fall.
Birth, marriage and death certificates are available from this office. Certified copies of the documents filed in this office are available for $10.00 per copy. Details such as the name of the individual and date of the birth, death or marriage are necessary in order to provide a record of the event. Certain records may be "restricted". Restricted records have limited access to the following individuals only - "those listed on the record". Only with a valid, unexpired, driver's license or state ID will a record be issued. Individuals having custody of the child through a court order must produce the court order with the court seal (no photocopies) to be left on file in the clerks office. No attorney privilege letter of request to secure the record will be accepted; without a court order, which will remain on file in the Town Clerk's Office.
*PUBLIC RECORD REQUESTS
On June 3, 2016, Governor Baker signed An Act of Improve Public Records in to law which took effect on January 1, 2017.
The Town Clerk is the Record Access Officer for the Town of West Bridgewater. To make a public records request you can fill out the Public Records Request Form and either mail it, drop it off or email it to the Town Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updated Public Records Law: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/pre/prenotice.htm
- A Guide to Massachusetts Public Records Law: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/pre/prepdf/guide.pdf
- Making a Request for Public Records: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/pre/prereq/reqidx.htm
- Appeal a Denial of Access to Public Records: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/pre/preapp/appidx.htm
- Electronic Records management Guidelines: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/arc/arcpdf/Electronic_Records_Guidelines.pdf
- Public Record Appeal Status: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/AppealsWeb/AppealsStatus.aspx
- Public Records Access, 950 CMR 32: http://www.mass.gov/courts/docs/lawlib/900-999cmr/950cmr32.pdf
- The League of Women Voters of Massachusetts (LWVMA) has launched a unique and comprehensive online voters’ guide for the November 6 Massachusetts elections. www.InformedVoterMA.org.
* Smoke alarm inspection certificates are now being done at the Fire Department.
* Voter Registration Click on Voter information and Forms (left) to print off forms for registering to vote, party changes, absentee ballot etc.
* Notary Public
* Commissioners to Qualify Public Officers
* The Town Clerk is responsible for the publishing of all town statistics, vital statistics, elected officers, appointed officials, town report minutes, election results, and Town Meeting minutes in the Town Report.
* The Town Clerk and Assistant Town Clerk have been designated Burial Agents by the West Bridgewater Board of Health. If a death occurs in West Bridgewater, the agent before interment or cremation, must issue a burial permit.